Re: [MiNT] ext2fs

On Sun, May 09, 1999 at 10:10:16PM +0200, Julian Reschke wrote:
> Actually, I am not sure that the requirement is properly defined... Why
> would you disallow to use the Centronics port from a terminal program...? Or
> maybe a TCP socket?

Hm - right.

However, in that case, the application should only present a list of
available devices, and *not* open each of them to get information. For
example, in the case of something network related, this might trigger
dial-on-demand, which costs money.

The problem is that under TOS, you can't get a listing of the entries in
u:\dev - you can open them, but only if you know the device name in advance.
We might define that if the RFVF cookie is absent, yo have to get a listing
of u:\dev and present the user with a list of all character devices - that
would work for all new applications.

cu
Michael
--
Michael Schwingen, Ahornstrasse 36, 52074 Aachen