Re: [MiNT] ext2fs

Hi Michael!

> > Why not through a special ioctl on /dev?
>
> Does that exist yet? If not, then there is no point in complaining that
> these programs use the cookie interface, since no alternative exists.

This is another question. The problem you mentioned is that it's not
possible to ask for the number of serial ports. You said it's only
through the RSVF cookie possible. But to use a cookie for this isn't a
good design. A ioctl or something like this is much better.

> If yes: on what device shall I do the ioctl?

On /dev, not a special device I mean.

Tschuess
   ...Frank

--