Re: [MiNT] FreeMiNT 1.15.1

On Thu, 13 May 1999 17:15:04 +0300 (EEST), Martin-Eric Racine wrote:

> It seems that most of the bugs don't appear on machines with their
> own VDI imbeded into the graphic card drivers, in general.  Recent
> fixes involve bypassing TOS routines completely, which explain it.

I decided to try 1.15.1 on my TT and without using the graphics-card on
my Falcon/Afterburner. This is what I found out:

TT: It simply does not work. Usually the kernel crashes (2 bombs)
    immedielately, but if it doesn't I get a error-message saying something
    like "pid 2 (sld): Bus error" (memory violation if running with MP)
    Shortly after everything freeze. 1.15.0 works fine, I don't have any
    problems with it.

Falcon: It crashes at apparently random points during boot, I haven't
    been able to get past the loading of XDDs yet. 1.15.1-1.3 has no
    such problems.

I tried to compile a debug-version, but this didn't make any difference
on my Falcon. On my TT it *always* crash immediately with 2 bombs.

/*
**
*/