Re: [MiNT] Problem 1.15.1-1.4 kernel to load Thing 1.27

> > WDIALOG is a hack. Perhaps it was designed as a TOS extension,
> > but it collides with N.AES and I wouldn't use it at all.
>
> Well, some software downright refuses to run without it

Yes, I know. I simply don't use such software (but this won't help you,
I guess ;-)

> > But I wanted to ask you: where do you run it? From AUTO folder, MiNT.CNF
> > or N_AES.CNF? The type of problems you get depend on from where (or when
> > in the boot process) the WDIALOG was started.
>
> Currently from AUTO, as the second item loaded; first is NVDI.

>From what I heard about WDIALOG (I have never seen it) I think it
'enhances' some AES routines. Thus you have to start it *AFTER* your AES,
in MiNT case this means after N.AES - most easily from NAES.CNF. If you
start it before N.AES it cannot work properly (I guess it cannot work at
all but your experience is probably different).

I would like to see if N.AES author could cooperate with WDIALOG's authors
and could incorporate those 'enhancements' into regular N.AES. Funny that
both programs are written by German authors, it's crazy those people can't
talk with each other (no language barrier so it must be something else -
perhaps forcing people to use MagiC instead of N.AES?)

Petr