Re: [MiNT] FreeMiNT 1.15.1

 Hi, Martin and all.

 Ok, I just made a test. I booted with 1.15.1, no splitram.prg. Then I
filled my memory by loading a lot of pictures into Imagcopy. Guess what?
No problems! Ok.. then I ran GCC to compile the kernel (I use this as a
test now), and instantly everything was messed up. Lots of kmemory failed
messages. This makes me really confused. It seems everything works ok,
except GCC. I will test some more.

 Today I've been using the 1.15.1 kernel with splitram.prg, and the system
was really stable. No problems whatsoever.

On Wed, 12 May 1999, Martin Nightowl Byttebier wrote:

> Hello Odd,
>
> on Wed 12-05-1999 22:20 you wrote:
>
> > Hello, Martin and all of you ;-)
> >

> > Ok, Martin, do you use "splitram.prg"? If not, I will have to check my
> >setup and see if any of the autofolder/acc/cpx I use have anything to do
> >with this. If that doesn't help either.. I'm stuck. Martin, did you try to
> >compile the latest kernel with your setup?
>
> No I don't use "splitram.prg".
> I, compiling? I wished I knew how to do this. I'm not a programmer. I'm
> just a MiNT user but that's it.
> The only thing I do is setting of all the "load alt" and "malloc alt"
> flags of every prog, acc, etc..

 Ok.. I do exactly the opposite. Maybe I should try to set them instead of
clearing them. Any Hades experts listening and can tell us (me, at least)
what is the best thing to do?

 Btw, during all my testing I had my minixfs partition go bad on me, and I
could not rescue my mailbox file. This means I lost some important replies
to questions about the Hades that I got from vaious ppl. If you remember
mailing me and still have the mail in your sent-box, could you resend,
please? The reason my minix crashed, I think now, was because I put in
some simms that was not functioning properly...

Odd Skancke - ozk@atari.org