Re: [MiNT] Modem help

> The problem is that I only have a manual for a 14k4 modem.  There the
> highest speed was 19200 and there were only 3 bits to code the speed.  For
> 19200 all bits were already set, so I cannot just guess how to get a
> higher speed.

There are 2 speeds:
- speed between you machine and the modem
- speed between the modems

The first speed is set up by your communication program. The second one is
determined by the modems themselves. What you (normally) see when the modems
get into contact is the latter speed.

> I only need the modem for pppd (and besides, with Rufus I already get
> 28800).  But if Rufus is able to connect at 28800 the AT commands should
> be alright now.  So what do I have to tell pppd to hurry up?

Maybe it depends on your version on pppd? The version I had was only able to
run at most at 19200. Yesterday I succeeded to compile a version which runs
very fine at 115200 to my Linux box. Frank Naumann already got the diffs -
you'll get them in the next (private) mail.

Hope this helps

Hans

P.S.
Depending on your hardware you might not be able to run very high speeds
reliably. You might need a hardware extention for speeding up the serial port.