Re: [MiNT] Modem help

Hi,

On Sun, Aug 22, 1999 at 11:20:43PM +0300, Juhani Sivusalo wrote:
> > CONNECT 28800/LAPM/V42BIS
> >
> > Hm, I actually expected 38400 (yes, I have chosen 38400 in the terminal
> > program).  Am I doing something wrong or doesn't the modem provide any
> > faster connection?
>
> Modem is reporting port speed in verbally mode. You should be able to set
> S-register settings that you get terminal speed (38400) as result. I don´t
> have any AT-command manual available right now so I can´t gve ay precise
> suggestions as init-string ...

The problem is that I only have a manual for a 14k4 modem.  There the
highest speed was 19200 and there were only 3 bits to code the speed.  For
19200 all bits were already set, so I cannot just guess how to get a
higher speed.

I only need the modem for pppd (and besides, with Rufus I already get
28800).  But if Rufus is able to connect at 28800 the AT commands should
be alright now.  So what do I have to tell pppd to hurry up?

Thanks

Guido
--
http://stud.uni-sb.de/~gufl0000/