[MiNT] My modem again

Hi,

somebody who knows more about modems has called me up and now I know that
with my 28k8 modem I cannot get a faster connection than 28800.  That
answers my last question...

But now I can see in the ppp-log file that when doing ppp I still only get
19200, as with my old modem which was 14k4 and should have been only half
as fast as the new one. Interesting enough that my transmission rates are
better nevertheless.  In the long run I can transfer about 1.7-1.8 kB/s
when doing ftp.

So what do I have to do to let the pppd become faster? Isn't it possible
to get a connect at 28800?

Thanks

Guido
--