Re: [MiNT] Modem help

On Tue, 24 Aug 1999, Ronald J. Hall wrote:

>   Hmm, I don't even use the mtu value, I think it defaults to a certain
>   setting, right?

Doesn't need to be a sensible one. :) If you want to really fine-tune a
nullmodem connection, see how big a ping packets you can send and then
choose an MTU/MRU somewhat smaller than that. If it's for calling your
provider, the provider will most likely have a sensible MTU/MRU and, if
you don't set it yourself, your MTU/MRU will be configured the same
during the ppp negotiations.

>   BTW, the docs I have say -not- to use the 57600 setting, as it causes
>   problems on some machines. Has this been fixed now? Thanks.

Long ago :) The pppd that came with KEMD didn't support speeds over 38k4.
Not on some machines, but on all. :)

Maurits.

| BassMent Productions | Proud sponsor of: |    * P M P * |
| http://www.bassment.demon.nl   *   http://pmp.atari.org |