Re: [MiNT] Modem help

On Tue, 24 Aug 1999, Ronald J. Hall wrote:

>   Hmm, I don't even use the mtu value, I think it defaults to a certain
>   setting, right?
On some provider, it seems the MTU is negociated even. so. shouldn't have
to worry too much about that.

>   BTW, the docs I have say -not- to use the 57600 setting, as it causes
>   problems on some machines. Has this been fixed now? Thanks.
That was with the old pppd.
Newer pppd work fine at higher speed.

>   I've been using the SERIAL.CPX that comes with the STing archive, it allows
>   access to the Falcon's higher port speeds, and I've not had any problems that
>   I'm aware of. I'll try it without it, just to see what happens. ;-)
afaik, these cpx don't allow anything.
a falcon with no hsmodem, no cpx serial etc can access 115k.
the cpx is just messy coz when the aes loads, it will mess up your serial
(if cpx set to IN ram active thing).

I just know that sometimes i only use the falcon with the vcons, then 3
hours later would start the aes. PPPD still connected. SO I sure don't
want the cpx to kick in, (for no extra feature either).

                                            /
MiNT Is Now TOS, let's move on, shall we?  /
                                          /