[MiNT] kernel betas

After reading several months of comments on the recent betas since
the 1.15.0 kernel release, I feel I ought to point out something we
might have overlooked:

1) some people say beta version "N" works super great on their TT.
2) others say it crashes their Falcon big time.
3) next beta comes, the situation is reversed.

The current situation is with 1.15.3b kernel, where my TT has never
been so stable and fast (even 'shutdown' works as it should - which
is a big first, on my TT), while Kellis' Falcon boo boos like hell.

Conclusion:

Different hardware (and motherboard revisions) and different TOS
versions all have their own peculiar bugs.  Mix and match various
hardware and TOS revisions and you get complete kaos.

Therefore, it might be a good idea to start looking into hardware
specific building rules.  Of course, the Milan already requires a
separate build (because of relocated hardware addresses), but may
be the TT and Falcon also require some specific optimizations.

Martin-Eric Racine            http://pp.fishpool.fi/~q-funk/M-E/
The ATARI TT030 Homepage       http://funkyware.atari.org/TT030/
   "When the time comes, I will know and I shall be."  Q-Funk