Re: [MiNT] TOSWIN, C.Felsch

On Fri, 27 Aug 1999 23:55:23 +0000, kellis wrote:

> 2) Since TOSWIN deals with TERMINAL (duh! ;) How hard would it be to
> implement resizing?
>
> As in, from GEM resize widget: recalculate depending on the FONT size, the
> number of COLUMNS and LINES.
> Then call: Fcntl() with TIOCSWINSZ with proper structure with the new COLS
> and new LINES.  (ttyp* I think is our terminal for TOSWIN?)
> Then send signal SIGWINCH to the child (binary) running in TOSWIN.
>
> This should work.

TosWin2 already does this when you change the terminal-size, but I have
yet to find a program that handles this correctly. E.g. try running pine,
mc or ncftp and change the terminal-size. None of these works properly
after that, you have to shut them down and restart them.

Changing the terminal-size according to the window-size is a no-brainer
(just update the terminal-config with the new size and call reconfig_textwin()
in the  WM_SIZED-handler), but I think it would be very slow if you have
real-time resizing.

/*
**
*/