Re: [MiNT] Minit 0.71

On Sat, 28 Aug 1999 19:43:39 +0300 (EEST), Martin-Eric Racine wrote:

> to transform it into an Ext2 partition by using "minit -r" but
> I got a message saying:
>
> "-r/R option no longer supported - not needed with XHDI"
>
> Great... Does that mean I can just just zero the partition
> using HD-Driver's util and then use mke2fs right after?
> Nope, that fails...

I really don't understand your problem... With XHDI and the new minit/mke2fs
you don't need to start from a TOS-partition, the init-programs with get the
necessary info via XHDI.

Just to confirm this I tried the following:

1. Inserted an unused Zip-disk and changed it's partition-type to RAW.
2. Ran minit on it.
3. Tested the new filesystem, it checked out OK.
4. Ran mke2fs on the same disk.
5. Tested the filesystem, again it was OK.

How does mke2fs fail on your system? Or is it HD-Driver that can't zero the
partition or what?

/*
**
*/