Re: [MiNT] Minit 0.71

Hi!

> Today, after being fed up with some strange errors I have been
> getting on my root (Minix) partition (see note below) I wanted
> to transform it into an Ext2 partition by using "minit -r" but

If you will transform it to an ext2 partition you must use the mke2fs, not
minit. Minit creates MinixFS partitions, not ext2.

> So, how am I supposed to re-initialize that Minix partition
> into plain old TOSFS before I can use mke2fs?  The docs don't
> say anything.........

Simply run mke2fs. The only thing you need is an XHDI compliant
harddiskdriver.

> Btw, if some features are no longer suppported, in minix.xfs
> or minit, it might be a good idea to update the docs and tell
> people how they are supposed to do things using the new tools...

Can you help me with documentation? I really don't have enough time to
update all the docs everytime I changed something.

Tschuess
   ...Frank

--
ATARI FALCON 040 // MILAN 040