Re: [MiNT] kernel betas

on Tue 24-08-1999 23:02 Jörg Westheide wrote:

>Hi Martin!
>
>MER>The current situation is with 1.15.3b kernel, where my TT has never
>MER>been so stable and fast (even 'shutdown' works as it should - which
>MER>is a big first, on my TT), while Kellis' Falcon boo boos like hell.
>And on my ST with 030 accelerator, which is more like an TT than like a
>Falcon, it crashes directly after the NEWFAT-FS message

And the same happens here on my TT030 when I use memory protection.
Without memory protection it seems to work fine.

On my Hades, with no memory protection (I'm still unable to run MP on my
Hades) I had problems with gluestik and Dirk Hagedorn's *MenuInfo* Version 2.42

I had to remove "exec c:\gluestik\gluestik.prg" from mint.cnf and use
gluestik.xdd instead because the system stops booting when it tried to read
gluestik's default.cfg.

I had to remove Menuinfo because otherwise menuinfo, Thing and finally
Zcontrol crashed all with an ILLIGAL INSTRUCTION PC=1FE9B6 message.

CU
Martin
--
O-Tagger ß1.24: Never buy dairy products at a garage sale.
              ***** Greetings from Okami Newsreader *****