RE: [MiNT] Mounting (was: MiNTLib 0.52.3b)

In my experience are floppies the only devices that has problems with
detecting media-changes, while a "mount/umount" scheme would affect all
removable media.

> really the only one with that problem? And why do I remember the issue
> of mediachanges being an unsolved issue on this list? We aren't still
> using the write-protect pin are we? :)

Isn't this strictly a hardware/BIOS-problem? If any effort should be spent
on the floppy-driver I would like to see a completely new one, written from
scratch. I don't think there's a chance in hell to get it right by falling
back to TOS. Look at MagiC, on my TT is floppy-access atleast twice as fast
under MagiC than TOS/MiNT, and mediachanges are (virtually) always detected.

Jo Even Skarstein