Re: [MiNT] MiNTLib 0.52.3b

"Julian Reschke" <reschke@muenster.de> writes:

> [...]

I don't talk about root, but about easy to program.  You can't just modify
_drvbits, you have to remember it's address, switch to supervisor mode
either with Supexec or Super.  That's a tad more that just calling
Dumount.

|> Removing a filesystem is in the same class like accessing it on the device
|> level, so it is not completely clear to me why one thing needs root access,
|> while the other doesn't...

Accessing a device inode follows the same access rules as any other inode
in the system, do I don't understand your remark.  Unmounting a filesystem
can compromise system security, so it needs to be made privileged.

--
Andreas Schwab                                  "And now for something
schwab@suse.de                                   completely different."