RE: [MiNT] MiNTLib 0.52.3b

> > However, the ability to mount specific drives at specific
> > points, instead of brainlessly auto-mounting all drives at
> > root is definitely needed.
> >
> Well, the only clean, transparent way I can think of would be to introduce a
> new keyword in mint.cnf that somehow renames/moves/"mount" an already
> mounted (/c, /d, /Zip etc.) partition to a different location in the tree.

There is already one for Rename, but then it means one has to
reboot every time there is a change in the mounting scheme.

> "True" unix-mounting (which is what fstab is used for) means dealing with
> devices, something the user (or admin for that matter) never should have to
> worry about.

One point of vue, which I don't share, but well.... ;-)

--
Martin-Eric Racine        http://www.pp.fishpool.fi/~q-funk/M-E/
The ATARI TT030 Homepage       http://funkyware.atari.org/TT030/