RE: [MiNT] MiNTLib 0.52.3b

On Fri, 6 Aug 1999 Jo-Even.Skarstein@gjensidige.no wrote:

> "True" unix-mounting (which is what fstab is used for) means dealing with
> devices, something the user (or admin for that matter) never should have to
> worry about.

Don't you think it would be quite useful to be able to mount devices
wherever you like? Or not mount a certain device at all? At the moment the
mount point of each drive is determined by the physical position of the
drive i.e. what bus it's on, the SCSI ID number etc. I would much rather
be able to mount the drives anywhere, without regard for the physical
connection used to attach the drive.

| Mario Becroft                * Tariland, New Zealand Atari User Group |
| mb@tos.pl.net                * Atari Hardware Developments            |
| http://www.ak.planet.gen.nz/~mario/ * Atari Serial Mouse Interface    |