RE: [MiNT] vcons keyboard maps

> Strange... I have a Swedish keyboard myself (try getting a Norwegian
> TT-keyboard...) and have no problems with vconsd and Clocky.
>
> This is a TOS-issue. If you use a UK/US (or Canadian, if it exists) TOS you
> won't get these ALT-keys. On the Falcon I have to select the German keymap
> (in NV-RAM) to get these working.

That explains it then.  I _am_ using a Canadian version of TOS 3.06,
which normally expects a different keyboard.  !"#!$%#$%!!!

> > 3) Is there any way to support ISO-8859-1 remapping in vconsd _and_
> >    TosWinII, in a unified and predictable way that would match results
> >    obtained through normal GEM apps?
>
> In TosWinII 2.4 you can select translation-tables for in- and outgoing
> characters for each window.

TosWinII 2.4 fails here, when I try to start a shell....
I still use 2.2 instead.

> You can also use a 8859-1 VDI-font and remap your keyboard, but this is
> - to put it mildly - not a very good idea.

I seem to recall having the same opinion, last time this was discussed.

> > Note:  the remapped keys and deadkeys are correctly recognized by
> > normal GEM applications (e.g. qed), so this _has_ to be a vconsd
> > and TosWinII problem.
>
> I don't understand exactly what your vcons-problem is, but I assure you -
> TosWinII 2.4 has no such problems

Until 2.4 manages to open a shell correctly here, I cannot use it.
As for vconsd, none of the remapped 8-bit characters are carried
through to it, for some reason.

--
Martin-Eric Racine            http://pp.fishpool.fi/~q-funk/M-E/
The ATARI TT030 Homepage       http://funkyware.atari.org/TT030/