Re: [MiNT] TERM=stv52 over SSH

On Thu, 19 Aug 1999, Martin-Eric Racine wrote:

> PS:  in case this wasn't obvious, installing my own terminfo is
>      not possible;  I _might_ be able to convince my admin to
>      compile them, if it is proven to fix it.  Already, pasting
>      stv52 and tw100 to /etc/termcap took a _lot_ of convincing.
>
> REMINDER:  most admins cannot be bothered.  When will we have
>            real xterm or vt100, instead of stv52 and tw100?

You don't have an account on the box??
if yes, why bother with the global files?
You know how terminfo and termcap work, right?

btw, vt100 in toswin works rather well. I take it you want to use vt100
for vcons?  Talk to sjx. ;) he already made a "true" color vt52, and works
extremely well. He says he is looking into vt100.