[MiNT] TERM=stv52 over SSH

I have been having problems getting my stv52 settings recognized
over an SSH connection; all 8-bit accented characters are stripped
and the arrows don't work.

However, if I use telnet or rlogin, all the settings are passed
correctly.

Unfortunately, all places I need to connect to only allow SSH,
so this is something I need fixed.

Has anyone ever encountered and fixed this?  Thanks.

PS:  in case this wasn't obvious, installing my own terminfo is
     not possible;  I _might_ be able to convince my admin to
     compile them, if it is proven to fix it.  Already, pasting
     stv52 and tw100 to /etc/termcap took a _lot_ of convincing.

REMINDER:  most admins cannot be bothered.  When will we have
           real xterm or vt100, instead of stv52 and tw100?
--
Martin-Eric Racine            http://pp.fishpool.fi/~q-funk/M-E/
The ATARI TT030 Homepage       http://funkyware.atari.org/TT030/