Re: [MiNT] UnRAR port + "LaTeX 2e 4 MiNT"-try +OT?: new distrib? new AES?

Hi,

On Wed, Aug 18, 1999 at 04:27:27PM -0400, Katherine Ellis wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Aug 1999, Guido Flohr wrote:
> > packages will still be missing.  Anyway, currently it's not only
> > incomplete but also unstable and that's why there is not yet an official
> > site for download.  Please be patient and give us some time.  The
> > Sparemint project will be open to everybody but please give us a chance to
> > create an infra-structure first.
> hello Guido,
> Unstable, in what way unstable?
> the installation process, not being foolproof?
> Or some packages not acting the way they should? crashing the system?
> or just unstable more like unusable due to heavy manual installation? or
> file structure still clashing with kgmd one?

Some packages have new bugs.
The installation process should be relatively foolproof.  Except, yes the
directory structure sometimes clashes with KGMD.  For example the
mailboxes are now expected in /var/mail and not in /var/spool/mail.  But I
think we can live with that.  In the beginning you will probably have to
do a fair amount of symlinking but I prefer that to workarounds that will
only encourage people to keep stuff like it was.

Ciao

Guido