Re: [MiNT] UnRAR port + "LaTeX 2e 4 MiNT"-try +OT?: new distrib? new AES?

On Wed, Aug 18, 1999 at 05:36:55PM +0300, Martin-Eric Racine wrote:
> >  - is a new (newer than KGMD/KEMD2) distribution of MiNT planned
> > by anybody here or elsewhere? If any, will it support ext2-FS?
>
> Myself, Frank Naumann & Guido Flohr (I might have forgotten

I hope that my kids haven't read your mail.  I always tell them not to say
"ME and johnny" but "JOHNNY and me"... ;-)

> other contributors, not sure) are assembling various parts
> to a new distribution that will use the RPM system over an
> FHS-compliant folder hierarchy, along with new libs.

Thanks for telling us that you have joined the Sparemint project.  Neither
Frank nor me did know that until today. ;-)

> I don't know which FTP site is best for you to download the releases.
> Perhaps Frank or Guido can answer that part better than me.

I guess we can.
Don't expect something like a "complete" distribution, many important
packages will still be missing.  Anyway, currently it's not only
incomplete but also unstable and that's why there is not yet an official
site for download.  Please be patient and give us some time.  The
Sparemint project will be open to everybody but please give us a chance to
create an infra-structure first.

Thanks

Guido

P.S.: I prefer to call Sparemint a software archive.  Calling it a
distribution may lead to wrong conclusions.