Re: [MiNT] UnRAR port + "LaTeX 2e 4 MiNT"-try +OT?: new distrib? new AES?

>  - is a new (newer than KGMD/KEMD2) distribution of MiNT planned
> by anybody here or elsewhere? If any, will it support ext2-FS?

Ext2fs can be downloaded from several places, already.  Current
version of the XFS driver is 0.56 by Frank Naumann.

Myself, Frank Naumann & Guido Flohr (I might have forgotten
other contributors, not sure) are assembling various parts
to a new distribution that will use the RPM system over an
FHS-compliant folder hierarchy, along with new libs.

The new libs and matching binary utils can already be downloaded.

The RPM archives are still being developped.  Several deprecated
packages will have to be replaced by better applications, which
often means porting from scratch, so this takes a _lot_ of time.

I don't know which FTP site is best for you to download the releases.
Perhaps Frank or Guido can answer that part better than me.

--
Martin-Eric Racine            http://pp.fishpool.fi/~q-funk/M-E/
The ATARI TT030 Homepage       http://funkyware.atari.org/TT030/