Re: [MiNT] funny one

At 12:24 Uhr +0200 1999-08-17, Ronald J. Hall wrote:
>On Mon, 16 Aug 1999 22:35:59 -0700, George Crissman wrote:
>
>GC ->Where I work, "Atari" isn't even a distant memory.  People just
>GC ->blink and say "Really?  You are skilled enough to operate a
>GC ->non-Microsoft OS?  Wow!  Would you show me how to format
>GC ->a floppy?"

>  Like watching newbie DOS users try to format a DD disk in a 1.44
>  drive. ;-)
>
>  PS What was it? Something like "format /f:720"?

That shouldn't be a problem, there is a sense pin in the floppy interface.
But we once had a computer where this pin was inverted.
It always tried to format a DD disc as HD and vice versa.
That was fun. (I complained about this twice to maintenance, with the usual
result:-)

Axel

--
Adults get far more pleasure from adultery
than children do from infancy