[MiNT] Networking Machines via MINT

Hello,

    I'm new to Mint and still getting my feet wet or really just a toe at
this point.  I've installed a couple of older Mint distributions and played
around a little but they are very out of date like the TAF Internet
distribution.  I want to know what networking functions are available via
TCP/IP besides PPP to the Internet and Ethernet via a network card.  I have
a TT030 that I'd like to network via TCP/IP to my Windows or BeOS systems
somehow.  I do not have an Ethernet card for my TT030 nor do I see myself
finding a cheap Ethernet card for the TT030.  I could by a Milan040 with a
PCI Ethernet card than what I've seen new VME cards go for today.
    Is it possible via the serial port (though terribly slow) or through the
Apple Talk port somehow?  I know that I'd have to get out of the Dark Age
with my Mint setup.  Possibly install the Mint Newbie and then start
upgrading that to SpareMint.