[MiNT] Thing bug

On 22.11.1999, Jo Even Skarstein <joska@nuts.edu> wrote:

> > 2)  Thing:  invalid stack magic number
> >     FATAL ERROR:  You must reboot the system.
>
> I've never seen this with the beta I'm using now (1.29), but
> I remember having a similar problem with an earlier release.
> It had something to do with the loading of thingreg.ovl or
> thingimg.ovl, but it was fixed quite some time ago.

Thingreg.ovl, as Thomas later explained.

> I can't remember if this has been released though.

It never was.  1.27 is the last official release.

Since it seems quite a number of bugs were fixed with later
versions, it would be a good Thing to release a new Thing soon.

Otherwise, a _lot_ of mere users without access to current betas
will keep on complaining about this and wonder why most pakckage
maintainers here reply "no problem here, everything is fine."

Martin-Éric Racine            The Atari Stacy and TT030 Homepage
Lappeenranta, Finland          http://members.tripod.com/~TT030/
   "When the time comes, I will know and I shall be."  Q-Funk