Re: [MiNT] kernel 1.15.5

On Mon, 22 Nov 1999 01:36:15 +0200, Martin-Eric Racine wrote:

> I'm back to 1.15.3 on the TT, because two old bugs are back:
>
> 1)  shutdown:  assert ('x') failed at line <number> in pipefs.c
>     FATAL ERROR:  You must reboot the system.

Same here, but only with vcons +AES enabled. Btw. init crashes with a
memory-violation if MP is enabled and vcons running, so there's definitely
something fishy about vcons.

> 2)  Thing:  invalid stack magic number
>     FATAL ERROR:  You must reboot the system.

I've never seen this with the beta I'm using now (1.29), but I remember
having a similar problem with an earlier release. It had something to do
with loading of thingreg.ovl or thingimg.ovl, but it was fixed quite some
time ago. I can't remember if this has been released though.

/*
**
*/