Re: [MiNT] 68k kernel

> Sorry, but you're wrong. It's not the ACSI-port that's the bottleneck, it
> can do > 1MB/s without any problems at all. If I recall correctly the ACSI
> is supposed to run at 12MBit/s (compared to 10MBit/s on the LAN), however
> command overhead needs to be taken into account. Depending on how
> fast the card is, you should get around 500kb/s on a stock ST.

So then it's still the bottleneck, just not a very narrow one. :)

> Remember that Q uses a serial line,

For NFS? Aaah I missed that. Yes, nfs over serial is terrible, been there
done that bought the t-shirt. :) But in that case the whole point about
monting the entire filesystem over nfs doesn't really apply to me. Anyway,
I'll soon find out. :) All that keeps me from trying right now is the fact
that I have to produce a powersupply and some acsi cables first. :)

| BassMent Productions | Proud sponsor of: |    * P M P * |
| http://www.bassment.demon.nl   *   http://pmp.atari.org |