Re: [MiNT] /proc

On Wed, Nov 17, 1999 at 04:28:28PM +0100, Julian Reschke wrote:
> > Of Konrad M. Kokoszkiewicz
> > I meant, that the kernel should "accept SLBPATH"... if this variable
> > points to just one folder (SLBPATH=u:\c\multitos\slb), the kernel could
> > just paste it into the library pathname, so that no disk searching is
> > needed to be done. But well, I don't know if Gryf likes that idea, because
> > it again smells like evaluation of the variable :-)
>
> Sure, it would be nice if path searching could be kept outside the kernel.
> However the alternative is that each client will have to do it instead --
> that doesn't sound much better...

I thought the name "SLB" had something to do with shared libs?  Usually
the dynamic linker is a shared lib itself.  Why don't you just put the
actual loading with the path evaluation into a shared object?  Peeking
into the process' environment is a little too much magic for me...

Maybe a stupid answer, I have never really looked at the slb specs.

Ciao

Guido
--
http://stud.uni-sb.de/~gufl0000/