[MiNT] NEWFATFS and removable media

I've discovered a small problem with removable media: If there's no disk
inserted in my Zip when MiNT boots, it doesn't recognise the filesystem
when I insert DOS-formatted disks later on. TOS-formatted FAT-disks are OK.
I have the following in mint.cnf:

NEWFATFS=C,D,E,I
VFAT=A,E,I

I'm also having problems with one of my FAT-partitions, it slowly disintegrates
over time. Today I discovered that parts of the sourcecode to Taskbar was
corrupted, and this has happened over time as the two latest backups had
similar errors. I have NEWFAT enabled on this partition, but not VFAT or
writeback-cache. Apparently the FAT has been slowly destroyed, Diamond Edge
(yes, I'm still using it) found about 200 corrupt directory entries, 120+
corrupt FAT-entries and more than one thousand lost clusters. I managed to
restore almost everything, but there's one sourcefile I have to rebuild from
these 1000+ lost clusters :-(

This partition is accessed exclusively under MiNT, I never access it under TOS
or MagiC. I'm not sure if MiNT is to blame though, as this has happened a few
times before on this partition, but never on the other FAT-partitions.

/*
**
*/