Re: [MiNT] What's in, what's out?

On Sat, 27 Nov 1999, Jörg Westheide wrote:

> Hi Martin!
>
> MER>Like most other recent discussions, btw.  People disagree, but Frank
> MER>moves ahead anyways, settling the final details of the actual
> MER>implementation with whoever agreed thru private mail.
> An IMO as true as short summary

 Do you really consider this true? Frank tries to bring MiNT closer to
being Linux compatible. Frank has done much more with the kernel than
anyone before him. He has brought many things to MiNT, that we only dreamt
of before he started. And, OK, I'm not a MiNT developer, I'm just a MiNT
user, (I do use MiNT when developing, tho), if Frank wants to
include/exclude things, it is totally up to him to do so. Anyone is free
to send him suggestions or code to try out, but he is free to
reject/accept this without discussion. If anyone isn't happy with this
situation, why don't those just include the stuff they want themselves
instead of bitchin like a kid whose brother had more ice? The sources are
free for anyone to modify.

 Where would MiNT be today, if it wasn't for Frank? Not to mention Guido
and Thomas and probably a few others I don't know about? Would anyone
reading this list take it up? Would it be anywhere near what it is today?
Would we have ext2, updated minixfs, rpm, etc., etc.,?

 Regards,

 Odd Skancke - ozk@atari.org