Re: [MiNT] VME PAMs-Net and BIONET boards

Hi Guido,

> Hi Torsten,
>
> On Tue, Nov 23, 1999 at 08:21:44PM +0100, Torsten Lang wrote:
> > Hi to all on this list,
> > this is somewhat off topic but may be very interesting to some of you:
> > Mr. Gehringer (AG Computertechnik, Schützenstr. 10, 87700 Memmingen) has some
> > PAMs-Net, BIONET VME and maybe some Riebl VME boards left over. He dropped the
> > prize significantly: The boards will be available for ~150.-DM (~75.-EUR)!
> > Since the stock is limited those of you interested in VME network boards should
> > hurry to get one.
>
> Im Prinzip sehr interessant, nur ... sehe ich es richtig, dass ich mit
> Netzwerk-Karte meine VME-Bus-Grafikkarte (Crazy Dots II, auch
> uralt) vergessen kann?

Depends... AG does also have VME doubler boards which have two VME slots. This
requires that the addresses of the different boards do not collide since VME
is NOT plug'n'pray. Another important point is that this solution is passive
so it may or may not work with different boards since Atari had chosen drivers
for the VME bus with too less output current (that's what I meant with
'depends').

Regards,
   Torsten