Re: [MiNT] What's in, what's out?

> On Mon, Nov 29, 1999 at 02:25:34AM +0200, Martin-Eric Racine wrote:
> >
> > I wasn't talking specifically about SIGPWR or any other signal,
> > only about maintaining compatibility with features documented in
> > The Compendium.  Signals are just one aspect (on page 2.28, in
>
> Well - could you then please give an example where a current kernel breaks
> defined features?
>
> > this case) in the GEMDOS section (MiNT _is_ a GEMDOS extension).
>
> True, but it is not GEMDOS. GEMDOS knows nothing about signals, and thus you
> can't break GEMDOS compatibility by changing signal code (same for other
> stuff that Gemdos does not have). You could break MiNT compatibility, but
> that is a completely different matter.

And that is important: Signals ARE documented at least in the Atari Compendum
revision I possess. Breaking official documentation is bad style. Remember
the old Vortex harddisks that interpreted a simple SCSI Inquiry command as
format command? I think everyone who killed his data because Vortex thought
they had to break offical documentation will see these kinds of changes very
critical.

Regards,
   Torsten