RE: [MiNT] Was: /proc, will be: /sys

> > Interesting.
> >
> > Try again as root, if you weren't root. If it works then, this
> is another
> > case where the recent changes for "security" have broken a useful and
> > functional interface.
>
> In this case it would be enough to set +s AFAIK. And I personally don't
> remember any security (+ add ironic accent) things that would apply to
> Fcntl(), except for Fcntl(PSETFLAGS) recently (euid root is needed at
> securelevel > 1 to request F_OS_SPECIAL).

Well,

to be able to do that you have to have a filesysten which supports these
attributes. I still don't see why it should be forbidden for processes that
are not owned by root to inquire information about other people's
processes...

--
Julian F. Reschke (mailto:reschke@medicaldataservice.de)
MedicalData Service GmbH Münster, Germany