Re: [MiNT] Pine 4.20 (was: List-address)

> > Several providers out there claim to support only POP3 but, when
> > accessed using Pine as mail.domain/pop3/user=username they will
> > nonetheless communicate using IMAP4 protocol over the POP3 port,
> > simply because the mailserver installed handles all protocols.
>
> POP3 port???  POP3 use port 110 and IMAP use port 143 or 220.

I know it sounds stupid, but trust me, my ISP has _NOTHING_ on
ports 143 or 220.  It only responds to SMTP and POP3 ports, as
verified using "portscan" and telnet, plus a few other tools.

> I belive that if you tell pine 3.96 to use POP3 and it can't
> handle it it will use IMAP.

But the ISP's server isn't expected to be so smart, is it?

Martin-Éric Racine            The Atari Stacy and TT030 Homepage
Lappeenranta, Finland          http://members.tripod.com/~TT030/
   "When the time comes, I will know and I shall be."  Q-Funk