[MiNT] CR/LF question

Hello,

Are mint.cnf and n_aes.cnf always supposed to be CR/LF (TOS) or
could they be saved as LF (UNIX) terminated also?  I have to edit
these configs by remote and need to know if I could safely use
Pico or vi on them.

Thanks.

PS:  if mint.cnf currently requires CR/LF, could this be changed
     to accept LF as valid also?  It would make life easier for
     those who boot without a GUI (e.g. they never run any AES)
     to edit it using common CLI editors, then 'reboot'.
Martin-Éric Racine            The Atari Stacy and TT030 Homepage
Lappeenranta, Finland          http://members.tripod.com/~TT030/
   "When the time comes, I will know and I shall be."  Q-Funk