Re: [MiNT] Security again

Hi!

>  KMK> BigDOS with MiNT?!
>
> I know already 2 reasons to have BigDOS with MiNT:

Sorry, you are out of date.

> 1/ To be able to read DOS/Windows disks/cartridges. That's the only way I use
> transfer files in between my wintel box and my Hades.
>
> 2/ To be able to overcome the 512 Mo limit on TOS partitions with a TOS older
> than v4.xx. That's the way it is on Hades with its TOS 3.06.

The builtin NEWFATFS can handle this just fine (and also VFAT and FAT32).
It's also not limited to the 14 partition limit.

You only have to activate it in the MiNT.CNF: NEWFATFS=CDEFGH

Please read the documentation for more details.

Tschuess
   ...Frank

--
ATARI FALCON 040 // MILAN 040