RE: [MiNT] expanded /proc vs new /kern

On Tue, 7 Dec 1999 04:09:59 +0200, Martin-Eric Racine wrote:

>On 6.12.1999, Lonny Pursell <atari@bright.net> wrote:
>
>> >Again, as I mentioned in the post you just answered, _where_
>> >does it says _explicitely_ it must be 8+3?
>>
>> Page 2.16 of the Compendium, the book you say tells all.
>> Even shows an example how the names in \proc are derived.
>
>Sorry, I cannot agree.
>
>I previously quoted that part and it says "_might_ have an entry
>miniwin.003" which still doesn't explicit that it must be 8+3; it
>only states filename without extension, plus an extension
>consisting of the pid.

I think "might" refers to the fact that the pid will change, hence
might be ".003", maybe ".005", since it is assigned by the kernal
when it's launched so not very predictable.  So now we see just how
vague the book really is.

PS. Is your mailer so lame that you must send 2 copies apon every
reply?

Atari Computer User: Lonny Pursell        E-Mail: atari@bright.net
WWW: http://www.bright.net/~atari/       IRC: lp @ #Atari @ IRCnet