Re: [MiNT] Medusa

> I asked this same question here before, got no replies.  I was
> going to get that same Medusa, but after _many_ weeks of e-mails
> not being answered I decided against it.  The seller could not
> even tell me if the thing was capable of a 24-bit video mode.
> I never ran into anyone with a Medusa either.  Good luck.
>
> On Sat, 12 Feb 2000 21:36:44 -0500, Fred Horvat wrote:
>
> > I know this is a little off topic but I thought this would be the best
> place to ask.  I may be getting a Medusa with a Tseng ET4000 video card
> shortly.  I see that people with Hades are running MINT fine.  Is there
> any hardware issues running MINT on a Medusa?  >

As far as I remember, Medusa Computer Systems provided a MiNT kernel
(1.12.6 patched for 68060, as they claim) on their webpage. It was the
time when I was the kernel coordinator, so I asked them for the patches
they did in order to synchronize with the FreeMiNT kernel (1.14.4 at that
time, I guess).

I got a reply that they are pleased to see my e-mail, but they won't send
me the patches.

Anyways, I guess that FreeMiNT 1.15.6 would work fine on Medusa and I
guess current FreeMiNT kernels are more 68060 compatible than that 1.12.6
patched by MCS.

Gtx,

--
Konrad M.Kokoszkiewicz
|mail: draco@atari.org                  |  Atari Falcon030 user   |

** Ea natura multitudinis est,
** U pospolstwa normalne jest, ze albo sluzy ono unizenie,
** albo bezczelnie sie panoszy.