Re: [MiNT] uname again...

Martin-Éric Racine <q-funk@pp.fishpool.fi> writes:

> I thought this had been fixed and agreed, but apparently not...
>
> Uname still returns "FreeMiNT", which prevents a package from
> building, even though it has a target for "m68k-*-mint" and it
> doesn't take arguments in "config" so...
>
> Where in the kernel/mintlib source will I find the offending bit
> that make uname return "FreeMiNT" for sysname?

I don't know if there was an agreement, but newer versions of automake
(>=1.4?) include a config.guess file that finds FreeMiNT just fine.

If the package you're trying to compile uses the normal configure
scripting, you can just copy the new config.guess over the old one in
the source package.

Tomas