Re: [MiNT] Failed dependdencies

On Tue, 11 Apr 2000 09:49:23 +0200, Yann Lossouarn wrote:

> Hello folks !
>
> I'm currently trying to replace STiNG with MiNT-Net 1.04, using the RPM system.
> I downloaded RPM and MiNT-Net from freemint.de, installed rpm, but when I try

Huh, are you shure you got it there? I didn't add some links to
rpm-packages at www.freemint.de yet... ;-)

> to launch RPM on the MiNT rpm file, I get an error message :
>
> ------------
> #rpm -ivh mintnet-1.04-2.m68kmint.rpm
> error: failed dependencies:
>         mint-util is needed by mintnet-1.04-2
>         /bin/sh   is needed by mintnet-1.04-2
> ------------
>
> Two questions :
> - what is "mint-util" : i'm ok to install it, but haven't found it anywhere.
> - my /bin/sh is a link to /usr/bin/bash. What's the problem with that ?

The mint-util is a collection of several utilities that don't really
fit into other packages.  You can get it from the SpareMiNT homepage
at
http://wh58-508.st.uni-magdeburg.de/sparemint/RPMS/m68kmint/mint-util-0.2.1-1.m68kmint.rpm

Furthermore you have to edit /etc/rpmrc as described in install.txt.
There have to be a line "Provides: /bin/sh" to tell rpm that there is
a sh, even if not installed as a rpm package.

Regards,
	Ralph