Re: [MiNT] 1.15.8b kernel

Hi!

On Tue, May 09, 2000 at 04:55:54PM +0200, Konrand M. Kokoszkiewicz wrote:
> And this was added, because here the welcome message is printed over the
> text that has been printed by previously loaded programs (apparently my
> Falcon's VT-52 emulator works differently than that in TT or Milan).

You're not using NVDI? NVDI, when run before MiNT (as necessary)
completely replaces the Falcon's VT52 emulator, so if you have problems
and use NVDI, it's not the Falcon's fault.

If you don't use NVDI, try my vt52fix.prg, this will cure the known bugs
in the Falcon's VT52 emulator. I don't know, though, whether it's
already made its way to the net, as it was an article for ST-Computer
some years ago, and programs published this way aren't public domain.
But as I got permission to continue development of CheckFat as Freeware,
I don't think it would be a problem to put vt52fix.prg into my download
bay, if you can't find it somewhere.

> I guess the healthy assumption is that no change is made without a
> reason.

In this case, though, it seems the reason for this change is nothing to
be considered a necessity. Besides, you could use AutoMore to clear the
screen before MiNT is run (automrr7.lzh).

Ciao

Thomas

--
Thomas Binder (Gryf @ IRCNet)  gryf@hrzpub.tu-darmstadt.de