Re: [MiNT] MiNT lib 55

On Sat, May 13, 2000 at 10:01:36AM +0300, Martin-Éric Racine wrote:
> On 2000-5-13, Frank Naumann <fnaumann@freemint.de> wrote:
>
> > > Please update to 0.55.3 which uses a correct method for FPU
> > > detection (alternatively set the cookie "_FPU" to 0).
> >
> > No, it's not a bug. Konrad simply compiled with -m68020-60
> > option that implies -m68881.

Correct.  Yet, the FPU detection was buggy IMHO.

> You really expect all owners of accelerator cards to complain to
> the manufacturer to include an FPU?

If there was a distinct multilib target for all combinations of processor
flags we would end up with 100 different libraries.  There has to be some
limitation to common combinations.  But if you need a special library that
supports m68020-60 without requiring an FPU you can do that with a little
manual work on the MiNTLib Makefiles and your gcc specs.

But I doubt that you will gain a lot by only giving -m68020-60.  The big
difference in performance is between FPU and non-FPU code.

Ciao

Guido
--
http://www.stud.uni-saarland.de/