Re: [MiNT] MiNT lib 55

On 2000-5-13, Guido Flohr <gufl0000@stud.uni-sb.de> wrote:

> > > No, it's not a bug. Konrad simply compiled with -m68020-60
> > > option that implies -m68881.
>
> Correct.  Yet, the FPU detection was buggy IMHO.

Since most pacakges appear to be compiled using that -m68020-60
option, (including the 030 kernel and the RPM binary), it might
be a good idea to specify that SpareMiNT has a "68020 + FPU"
minimal base, on the SpareMiNT homepage.

> I doubt that you will gain a lot by only giving -m68020-60.
> The big difference in performance is between FPU and non-FPU
> code.

Interresting.  People _do_ change. ;-)

--
Martin-Éric Racine  http://funkyware.atari.org/  Atari TT030 FAQ
Lappeenranta, Finland.  Surfing on a Intel/Microsoft-free GEM OS