Re: [MiNT] 1.15.9b problems

Hi,

On Fri, May 19, 2000 at 07:30:30AM +0200, Petr Stehlik wrote:
> > > I've used the 1.15.9b kernel a few days in non memory protection mode.
> >
> > So try out the memory-protected mode.
>
> on my Falcon040 it boots fine up to the moment where it should init
> /usr/multitos/init.prg - there it stops with error -34 (I guess it means
> "file not found").

No, it is "Not a directory" or in GEMDOS lingo "Path not found".  Anyway,
you shouldn't give too much about it because your init.prg is probably
linked against a very old MiNTLib which was not very accurate with error
codes.

If you suspect that the kernel really can't find init.prg, put a line

	exec /bin/ls -l /usr/multitos/init.prg

before "INIT=" in mint.cnf.

With a debug kernel ALT-F1 pressed once or twice during startup will
probably give you a much better idea what went wrong.

Ciao

Guido
--
http://www.stud.uni-saarland.de/