Re: [MiNT] kernel 1.15.8

Hello!

> > There are generally two solutions:
> >
> > - fix it yourself and send me a patch (the recommended method)
>
> Pretty hard to do until I know:
>
> * What exactly went away
> * Why
> * Where to

If you read the the compiler error messages you see that in cnf.c the
symbol hardscroll is not found (missing include "fasttext.h") and that in
fasttext.c and fasttext.h hardscroll are defined with two different types
(short and int). Btw. this is one reason why I removed all 'extern'
references through the src - concurrent extern declarations with different
types for the same symbol.

The patch is included in Thomas 1.15.8 patch he posted here some minutes
ago.

> For instance, your current trend is to make kernel features into
> its own separate KERNLIB, independent of MINTLIB.  Then again, it
> doesn't give me any clue on how big you want KERNLIB to be, nor
> if you intend upon keeping FASTTEXT inside it or if you instead
> consider it a part of VDI.  In other words, you broke something
> in a way that prevents others from fixing it;

Sorry, you don't see what's going on. First, kernel doesn't link with
MiNTLib anymore. But that has nothing todo with the KERNLIB. The KERNLIB
contain sharable, generic help functions such as string functions, byte
manipulation, time conversion and so on. The goal is to make the xfs/xdd
independant from MiNTLib (only link now with the KERNLIB). And the KERNLIB
doesn't contain any new function, there are all in previous MiNT version
too (splitted over the src).

Tschuess
   ...Frank

--