Re: [MiNT] SCSIDRV no longer works in FreeMiNT 1.15.9

Hello!

> While this worked on MiNT versions prior to 1.15.9, in version 1.15.9 the
> SCSIDRV interface cannot be accessed from within the driver. Application
> programs appear unaffected by the problem, but the mintnet driver simply
> gets an error return code on the EnquireSCSI call and is not able to find
> any busses.
>
> Does anyone know why this is happening or what to do about it?

MiNT install a SCSIDRV wrapper that wrap any SCSIDRV call from
applications level through a system call down to the kernel.

This is strictly neccessary for backgound DMA drivers as the kernel
scheduler can never be called from user context (that happens with the
SCSIDRV interface as the SCSIDRV functions are simply sub routine jumps
and not clean system calls).

The same for XHDI.

> Any advice would be appreciated.

If you use the original SCSIDRV vector anything will be fine I think.
Maybe you merge your SCSIDRV xif to the current freemint CVS tree and we
can work together on the problem?

Tschuess
   ...Frank

--