Re: [MiNT] RPM --> cpio --> TGZ

Hi,

On Mon, Dec 18, 2000 at 05:51:26PM -0500, Noah silva wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I remembered someone was interested in converting the RPMs to TGZ as they
> found it much more convenient.  Since I also do, and I am converting all
> of them anyway, I can offer on FTP the CPIO and/or TGZ files (I am using
> CPIO ATM).
>
> Reply personally if you are interested, and I will put them up for public
> access if their are no major objections from the author ;)
>
> Thanks,
>    Noah Silva

More a general question: What happens to the various scripts stored in the
rpms? Even if they wouldn't actually run, it seems like a good idea to
pack them into the tarballs (or to pack separate tarballs
"*-installscripts.tar.gz") for each rpm.  This gives the user at least an
idea of what other things to do with the package before/after
installation/uninstallation.

You can extract the scripts from an rpm with

	rpm -qp --scripts PACKAGEFILE

As they are not intended to run anyway (just as a source of information) I
don't see the need to split them into separate files.  Maybe just add a
standard file saying what to do with the scripts.

Ciao

Guido